Sourcing Christmas gifts for clients can be a bit of a nightmare, so here are a few pointers.
- Logistics. Establish delivery requirements upfront as delivery costs and shipping method will impact budget and the nature of what can be shipped safely.
- Simplicity. It’s a whole lot simpler and often cheaper if you go with one gift for everybody. So try and avoid gifts that are male or female specific, or may not be to everyone’s tastes.
- Will they like it? So how do you know the client will like what you have chosen? Well a lot depends on how well you know them, but it’s hard enough buying for friends and family and how often do you get that wrong! Top Tip: Give what everybody loves! Everybody loves getting a ……..
- The WOW Factor. Make sure your gift looks awesome, it shows you put care into it. Presentation is everything – well almost everything.
- Gifts to share. With Christmas being a large part of the holiday season often it’s a really nice touch if the gift can be enjoyed by the client’s family as well.
- On Brand; look for subtle and innovative ways of branding your gift. For example we often dress gift baskets in brand colours and include branded gift cards with the gift.
- Bang for buck. Make your budget go further by being able to customise your gift, this could mean or taking something out or replacing an item with something more cost effective.